This is an accredited program that prepares students for the National Licensing exam in Practical Nursing and licensure in New York State. The program includes classroom and clinical instruction.
Pre requisite: Must have a recognized United States high school diploma or GED/TASC Certificate.
Registration is competitive. Students are selected based on application, entrance exam (ATI TEAS Test), references/screening and interview. A physical is also required prior to enrollment.
Semester: Fall 2024
· Full Time 10 Month Program. Classes Monday through Friday, 8 am - 3 pm (Class), 7 am - 3 pm (Clinical)
· Part Time 20 Month Program. Classes are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, 5:30 - 9:30 pm. Clinical rotations are held on alternating Saturdays and Sundays, 7 am - 3 pm
Tuition: approximately $16,000 (Part-time program approximately $8,000/year)
Note: Once you have been accepted, the following items are needed in the Practical Nursing class and are not covered by tuition:
1. Two sets of royal blue scrubs purchased through Scrubs Express
2. White lab/scrub coat
3. White impervious shoes
5. Bandage scissors
6. Pen light
7. Watch with a second hand
8. Physical Exam, Immunizations, and a 2-step PPD or annual PPD. Please note: COVID vaccine and boosters are recommended but not required in our community partner facilities at this time. However, if a COVID vaccine becomes a requirement at any of the healthcare facilities our program uses for clinical sites, students will need to get a vaccine to complete the clinical components of the program.
9. CPR Certification, bi-annually
10. Health insurance
11. Computer/printer access
12. Internet access