The New York State Education Department is reviewing different methods to set tuition fees for school programs and special education. The goal is to ensure that:
- Students with disabilities get the right education based on their needs.
- Schools and programs get paid in a fair and timely manner.
Why It's Important:
- It's about finding a stable and fair way to determine fees.
- We want to avoid issues like tuition disputes.
- We're aiming to standardize how we decide on these fees and make sure they're set before each school year starts.
We Want Your Input:
We're holding meetings to hear from:
- Students, parents, and families.
- Teachers and educators.
- School and county representatives.
- School program providers.
- And anyone else interested!
Your feedback will help shape our study and decisions.
Join the Discussion:
When: Sept. 29, 2023
435 Glenwood Road, Binghamton, NY 13905.
Allen Buyck Instructional Support Center, Room A
- Morning Session (For preschool topics): 9 - 11 a.m.
- Afternoon Session (For school-age topics): 1 - 3 p.m.
Note: You can attend in-person or virtually. Feel free to register for one or both sessions.